Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Erin's turning point

Marriage made everything different in my life. Although I gave up many things I had enjoyed, I got something important through my marriage.
Before I got married, I was lazy. I got up late in the morning and I didn’t like to do the household chores. I didn’t help my mother with her housework such as setting the table, washing the dishes, doing the laundry, and cleaning the house. I didn’t clean even my room. I didn’t know how difficult housework was because I didn’t care about that. I always complained to my mother about side dishes. Besides, I was selfish and stubborn. I wasted much money on clothes and bags. I’ve never given my family members some presents on even special days such as their birthdays or Christmas. I liked to hang out with my friends late at night, so my parents told me to come back home early. I didn’t listen to them. I wanted to live alone to avoid their nagging.
However, I’ve changed all my lifestyle since I got married. First of all, I became very diligent. I make lots of side dishes for my husband, do the laundry, and clean my house. I always try to keep my house neat and tidy. Now I can understand my mother’s troubles as a homemaker. Also, I don’t waste money any more. When I go shopping, I take some coupons and make a shopping list not to buy unnecessary things. In addition, I spend most of my time with my family not with my friends, and I care about my family. I had to give up many things I liked after I got married, but I realized that family was more important than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment